Thursday, 18 March 2010

It was too hot to quilt so I finished this


the Bottom Right Corner of my DJ quilt to be, which means I have all four corners completed. This block was all applique (of sorts) I made my star by appliquing on the 5 triangles but I only did the 2 long sides of each triangle, which allowed me to do one side, trim the fabric underneath and then do the other side, I left the bottom of it unsewn, and then appliqued a pentagon, which I had made like an English paper pieced patch, then I took the template out, and pressed it really well. For some reason the Mister really likes this block, I like the geometric type ones myself.

1 comment:

  1. Pip, your corner is beautiful! I cannot believe you've already completed your corners! How exciting!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)