Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Baseco Mahal Kita bag

I finished something, yay for me....

After reading a post about it on Dawn's blog I decided to make this easy bag pattern that Dawn designed to help raise funds for the people of Baseco - a slum area in Manila. All of the money raised from the sale of the bag pattern (with the exception of Etsy fees - 20c) will be donated to the people of Baseco through Mark and Christine Pedder, you can read about their work here.

Dawn is hoping to sell 1000 of the patterns. I found it to be a really easy bag to make and the pattern was easy to follow. It comes to you as a PDF file which Dawn will email to you very quickly, so no waiting for the postie.



The bag is actually quite a bit brighter than the photo suggests, it gave me a chance to use some Kaffe Fassett fabrics that I've had for a while. While I like the button (toggle??) I'm not sure about the colour (it was the only one I had) though.

6 comments:

  1. OOh I love the colors... so beautiful.. I like Kaffe Fasset fabrics... well done... looks wonderful.
    Hugs Dawn x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag looks great Pip.

    Thanks for the tip about the candle wax, it worked a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temptress. Now I want one. *Sigh* Me and my crafting. You did a fab job and I love the crafting to fundraise idea of Dawns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love every inch of it :)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely bag. I recognised the Kaffe Fassett fabrics before I'd finished reading your words - a design I really like, came across it in a cast-off piece of fabric from my Mum (in the colourway with the pink background).

    Do enjoy using such a beautiful bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. - just looked at a close up of the photo - there are so many KF fabrics here, contrasting with and highlighting themselves and each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)