Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Garden update

picture taken at 1030am

Yesterday we put up some shade cloth on the south-west side of the garden, so I took the opportunity to take a picture. Most of the vege garden is still coping, the capsicum in the middle looks a bit droopy, I don't think it likes the hot days, it was standing upright this morning when I watered, as were the lettuce plants which have started bolting as per usual when we get a spell of very warm weather.

The zucchini seems to be growing well, and if I don't keep an eye on it, we might have a glut as there are several small ones coming on. The eggplant has quite a few flowers on it as does the capsicum. Basil is being picked every couple of days so it is starting to bush out quite nicely and I am taking a few lettuce leaves for salad as well, even though the lettuce look rather sad in this picture.

I had been intending to plant out a few more things but with this current spell of hot weather, I think I will wait another week or so for slightly cooler weather.

3 comments:

  1. your garden looks great - we are enjoying the last of the cucumbers and david has started picking beans....the tomatoes are just finished, everything is looking brownish and sad. can't wait for some good autumn rain.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shade - such a necessity in an Adelaide garden! A glut of zucchini sounds pretty good to me. I loooooove it! Everything in our garden is hot and thirsty. (No veg) The next week or so will be hard work in the garden I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your veggie patch is looking great! i love your quilt blocks from the last post, look forward to seing more

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)