Sunday, 24 January 2010


Oh my, doesn't time fly..... I cleaned out a couple of my raised beds, then went and bought one each of: eggplant, zucchini, and capsicum, and one punnet of basil, and one of mixed lettuce. They are still alive and growing after a couple of hot days. This afternoon I erected some shadecloth to protect them from the hot, late afternoon sun, thinking back I'm almost sure that the lack of shade has contributed to the demise of my other plantings.


I've been doing quite a bit of sewing, getting in some practise for a quilt that will be a kind of long term project for me, and also starting to put the finishing touches to some other projects.

This is one of the places that Cody likes to hide!!!
He probably things that if he can't see us then we can't see him.

Slowly getting back into a routine, I read somewhere that it takes 21 days to make a habit, and I reckon that is true, but I also think that it takes about 5 days to lose the habit. I'm finding that as I get older, I need some sort of a routine to make sure the things that need to be done (washing, ironing, cooking, all that mundane but necessary sort of stuff) are done, and that once they are done, I can be happy, relax and do whatever I want to do (reading, quilting, gardening, or nothing).

1 comment:

  1. i have the same - i can't really relax until everything is done. i tend to do housework in the morning so that i can sew, bake, cook in the afternoons...
    i'm not fastidious, but i find life seems simpler when you have a routine of sorts.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)