Friday, 29 January 2010

Kind of blue


I decided to make a start on a quilt that I have been thinking about making for quite some time now. I was showing the Mister this picture here and saying that one day I would like to make it (or one similar), and he said "what's holding you back?" I mumbled something about it being a big project etc etc, whereupon he replied "just have a go" so I am.



I decided to make it a blue and cream/white quilt because I have always wanted to make a blue and cream/white quilt, and I also happen to have quite a few blue fabrics already. The blocks themselves are quite small, 5 inches (including the seam allowance) so they don't actually use much fabric (I knew there was a use for all the little offcuts that I have saved over the last couple of years)

Apparently there are 5,602 pieces, comprising of 169 blocks, 52 triangles and 4 corner kites in the original quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck,

    That is truly more precise than I could handle right now.

    Kind Regards
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pip

    That looks like a mammoth task to me. I love all the blues that you have chosen. If you stick to it, how long do you think it will take you?
    I would love to have the time to sit and do a craft project but at the moment that just doesn't happen.
    Happy quilting!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woooow. Cannot wait to see the finished product.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)