Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Grilled Honey and Cider Marinated Lamb

image from NZ House & Garden


On Australia Day, I usually cook lamb of some description. This year I decided to try something different with this recipe from a magazine I bought at the Auckland Airport at Christmas, you can find the recipe here (just scroll down a bit to see it). Gotta love a recipe like this, get everything ready two days in advance, leave it to do it's thing in the fridge, and then just heat the bbq up and throw it on.
Perhaps it wasn't quite as simple as that, but it was close, although I do think the recipe timings for cooking the lamb were a bit short, the piece of lamb I used was about 900g and I browned it on both sides (about 5 minutes all up) and then cooked one side for 20 minutes and the other side for 25 minutes, rested for 10 minutes and the lamb was how I like it (pink). If I had cooked a larger piece (as specified in the recipe) I would have cooked for about 30-35 minutes either side).
There were no complaints and the leftover cold meat was also very nice, so I reckon that I will cook this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)