Saturday, 2 January 2010

Another list

I usually have some ideas/goals/ambitions/resolutions (call them what you will) of things I would like to accomplish over the coming year. Most years I never actually write something down, (apart from my fitness and health goals - another post as I'm still thinking about them) it is just a little list which I keep in the back of my mind (wherever that might be).

Today I read something in the paper that Jim Stynes (Melbourne Football Club legend) said: "I'm learning more than I ever have, enjoy the now, not getting carried away with the superficial parts of life - being worried about what you look like" so I have been thinking that my little list would be about doing things that make me happy, things like.......

:: time for just "being me"
:: enjoying the silence
:: enjoying nature
:: gratitude
:: writing and drawing in my craft journal
:: hugging my darling
:: reading, lots of reading
:: listening to music
:: creating
:: taking a walk, a meandering, strolling, not just for exercise, walk
:: spending more time with my pets
:: embracing life

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pip

    Everyone should start their lists with the things on your list. I am adding them to mine then after that comes our diet (need to lower Angus' cholesterol)and stressing less.

    I read Jim Stynes' article too. I do hope he can overcome this horrible disease - he certainly has a great outlook on life.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great list. i think i will take some of the ideas and apply them to my life this year. i am happily working on finishing off lots of things and relishing the feeling of satisfaction that comes with a finish.
    hope 2010 is good to you.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)