Monday, 7 December 2009

Sick cockatiel




















We have two cockatiels, on the left is Sean (named after Sean Fitzpatrick) and on the right is Alfie (named after Alfie Langer). Anyway Sean hasn't been feeling well for the last few days, so this morning we took him to our vet who has some experience with birds, the good news was there were no parasites in his poop, so we have been given some antibiotic drops to administer via beak. So now we just wait and see and hope he gets better.


Another thing I learnt from making this Advent Calendar was to plan things a bit better, with this pocket I forgot about the seam allowance which is very close to the beads on the toes of the stockings, (beads are hard to sew over) so next time I would position things closer to the number and allow a bit more for my seam allowance.

This is the first time I have managed to post two pictures side by side and I have no idea how I did it, in the preview it all looks good, it remains to be seen what it looks like once it is published.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Sean perks up soon. Excellent taste in birdie names!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)