Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Scrap quilt

Before I cut my finger I had been going to make a strip quilt but when it came time to make it, I decided to make something different.

It's a scrap quilt pattern called Co-ordinated Chaos, the original had many different colour combinations, but I have chosen to use combinations of black, white and grey with a small amount of red here and there.

I have even used the trimmings and sewed them together to make complete patches.
It was coming together quite quickly, and I hope to get back to it again shortly.

8 comments:

  1. it's lovely pip. i'm collecting material for my first go at quilting and trying to decide what pattern to use. thank you for the extra inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be lovely, Pip. I love the random red.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really striking combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is coming together so well, love the occasional suprise of red.

    one handed quilt top piecing is going good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one gorgeous looking quilt you have going there:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! I love the solid blacks included as well as the solid red. So crisp!

    I don't think I've commented on your blog before, though I pop in occassionally from Joolz's. This was too awesome not to compliment you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the black and white quilt.....I have been collecting fabrics to make one for my son and since he is moving into his own home in a few months now might be the time to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Everything you have been making lately is just gorgeous! I love this too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)