Sunday, 28 June 2009

Class 60 - Carrot Cake


Class 60 - Carrot Cake, iced, square or round, 23cm maximum

I restrained myself this weekend and the only baking I did was to make carrot cake, although I did make two, one square and one round, two different recipes as I wanted to see which one I preferred. (to eat that is)

The cake on the left was a new recipe that had less sugar and oil in it than my normal recipe (the cake on the right). On the first tasting I could taste the raising agent (baking powder and baking soda) in the new recipe, but on successive tastings it wasn't so obvious. I was going to give the neighbours half of each cake to try, but that hasn't eventuated as both cakes are fast disappearing. I didn't bother icing them this time as I wanted to get the true taste of the cakes.

3 comments:

  1. i love carrot cake. my niece loves my carrot cake - she says it rivals the st peter's bakehouse one - which seems very high praise indeed. hope you find the perfect recipe :)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I'd love to be your neighbour at the moment Pip. It is just before dinner, I am taking a break waiting for everything to be cooked and this carrot cake would go down so well. Do you think you could just pop on over for dessert, cake in hand ;)!

    Cheers
    Cee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)