Monday, 15 June 2009

Class 22 - Bread, white, one loaf


There are no guidelines for bread in the Cookery Schedule for the Royal Adelaide Show, but I have a copy of Cooking for Competition - What the Judges are looking for which has given me a few hints. Normally I make a Bloomer or Vienna style loaf but for the show I will be making a standard Loaf in a tin so I need to practise making a good loaf in a tin. I made this last night and cut into it today, overall I'm pleased with it although I think I could have left it in the oven a bit longer. I used my usual bread recipe and weighed the amount of dough I used to make the loaf, hopefully I will be able to get consistent results doing this.

3 comments:

  1. Nice texture! Did you make that in a bread machine? Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marilyn,
    no bread machine, all made by my own hands.
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip,

    just discovered your blog thanks to your comment over at the mad gnomes.

    A beautiful loaf!. My dear dad makes their bread, admittedly using the bread maker to do the mixing (and fully allowed at 78). Anyway, he weighs each pice when making bread rolls. Has it down to a fine art.

    Is lovely to come across a blogger who looks at many of the same sites as me. I'm just really slack at updating such stuff on my own blog.

    Super bestest wishes as you work on your "competition loaf",

    huggles from Michelle in Wellington, NZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)