Sunday, 28 June 2009

Almost done....

After a lot of work my workroom is almost ship shape again, and ready for me to start making a mess all over again. I'm also managing to get a bit of reading done, I've just started The Women in Black by Madeleine St John unfortunately it is only a two week loan so I'll have to read fast. After I've finished The Women in Black, I'll be able to start reading a couple of books which were recommended by a friend who is presently living and working in Erbil, Kurdistan. Two novels by Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns and The Kite Runner.

I took a quick walk around the garden today to check what damage, if any was done during the storm last night. Happily the damage was limited to a few bent leaves and stalks, we also received 17mm of rain as well and I noticed that the first flowers have appeared on the broadbeans.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pip,

    Glad to hear you didn't have much damage. We have just had strong winds (not gale force) and lots of heavy rain. A storm came through after midnight that woke me up. Sounded like a freight train roaring through, wind, rain & hail, then it was over in 2 minutes. I didn't go walking this morning - I dont like thunder and lightning.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "The Kite Runner" sitting in my Mount To-Be-Read, and it's been there about 6 months already! I keep meaning to read it, but keep getting distracted with other books. I'd be interested in your thoughts on it?
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)