Thursday, 21 May 2009

Strip quilt

I finally got some material for the backing on my next quilt. It's going to be a strip quilt, inspired by a Kaffe Fasset quilt - Wallpaper Strips, which I saw in his book - Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Road


I picked up a black and white jelly roll at the craft show last November and have added a few other bits of black and white fabric that I have acquired since then, there will be a few flashes of red as well. The backing fabric is the piece in the bottom right hand corner and will probably be in the front somewhere as well. Just thinking about whether to add a couple of borders to make it larger, it will be a bit of a work in progress.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. These fabrics should turn out a lovely quilt. Love monochrome.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love black, white and red. i can't wait to see it finished.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)