Friday, 8 May 2009

Nothing much going on here

The title says it all really, it seems to be a common theme on a few of the blogs that I visit regularly. I have been neglecting my blog as well as a few other things.

Below are some 1" fabric squares which, in a moment of madness, I bought in the local op-shop, all for the grand price of $1.50. They were all mixed up, so I sorted them out into colours and patterns, and there are a lot of them,. I have no idea what I will do with them, although my current thinking at the moment is of sticking them to a canvas and make a collage of sorts from them. I don't really fancy sewing them all together, as by the time a 1/4" seam is sewn there won't be too much left and then just think of ironing all of the seams.



I thought I would have finished the Noah's Ark BOM by now but no such luck. I have 5 blocks left, but have decided that I will finish them off before I start anything else (although I did read the other day that quilters often have several quilts on the go, not that I would call myself a quilter but I do seem to have several projects on the go). In an email to me a little while ago my sister wondered whether most of our family were genetically incapable of finishing projects quickly (e.g. my quilt which took ten years to finish) but we both came to the conclusion that we liked to have a few different things on the go and that sometimes some of them were forgotten in the excitement of a new project.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pip

    Keep plugging away at that Noah's quilt, it will be sweet when its finished.

    Joolz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Same here really. Not much happening. Of course, that doesn't stop me from being super-busy and being flat out all day every day! Doing what? I'm not sure! Sometimes it just takes forever to do all the basics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures. It looks like a lot of work but also a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm suffering the same here - school went back and with it went all my supposed free time to sew. I've been so busy and achieving very little :(
    I have several quilts on the go including one using english paper piecing and I've started knitting again (it's the cold nights). the problem with working on lots of things is that very few things get finished.
    good luck with the little squares - i wouldn't sew them either!!!!
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)