Monday, 13 April 2009

Quilting at last

Today was a fairly quiet day for me, I spent a fair bit of it doing some quilting (at last) on the quilt pictured in this post. Although it has been so long since I used my sewing machine (I've been doing hand sewing) that I had to get the instruction book out to refresh my memory, and also to learn how to put the walking foot on.

In fact I got so carried away, that about 2 o'clock DH wondered if we had already had lunch as he couldn't remember eating it, (although he had some crackers and cheese earlier) silly me said "no we haven't had it yet" when I should have said "don't you remember, we had it ages ago" and then I could have kept on quilting. The quilt is nearly done now, just basic stitch-in-the-ditch, a bit of a cop-out I suppose, but the piecing isn't that accurate and I don't really want to draw too much attention to it. I guess I will probably have to make some binding in the next couple of days and then with a bit of luck I will have it finished next weekend.

I also got out into the garden and put some more seeds in, silverbeet, mesclun, dwarf snow peas and arugula (rocket) and also put lettuce and kale seedlings in. Next time I will plant the lettuce and kale direct, and eat the thinnings. I had planned to take photos of the garden but the light wasn't good enough by the time I remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)