Monday, 13 April 2009

Posting recipes and a recipe

I have often wondered if I am doing the right thing by posting recipes, as I have come across a couple of food blogs where the blogger has got rather upset because someone has put one of their recipes on another blog (with links and credit). A while ago I came across this interesting post at wildyeast which has set my mind at rest.




Potage Bonne Femme from Elizabeth David

A very simple soup, quick and easy to make
  • 500g potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2-3 leeks (I usually get a bunch of baby leeks), well washed and finely sliced
  • dob of butter (say 50g)
  • 4 cups of water
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup of cream (optional, or use milk)

Melt the butter in a large pot, add the leeks and carrots and let get thoroughly saturated with the butter, about five minutes, add the potatoes, stir, then add water and season, bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes. Give it a good zap with a stick blender (or blitz in the food processor) I like it fairly smooth, some people like it a bit chunky, whatever you like really. Add cream or milk, check seasoning, and reheat. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley or chervil.

Serves 4


I made these rolls today from the bread dough that I make on Saturday. I bake half of the dough then and keep the rest to bake on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Pip..that soup looks lovely.. I make one that I just chop up small every vegetable I can find.. and cook it in chicken stock cubes and water..it is yummy too.. I made your creamed rice and its beautiful.
    Pop over to my blog, I have an award for you if your interested. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, my mouth is watering.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting Pip....I like that.
    And wow that soup sounds so very deeeelicious! So glad it's hitting soup weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)