Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Bounding bunnies

Yesterday I made these cute little rabbits. They were a free pattern last Friday which I found at allsorts they are really tiny, but oh so quick and easy to make, I used blanket stitch around the edges instead of whip stitch.

On another subject entirely, I have been making time every day to have a look at my raised garden beds,and yesterday I noticed that some of the plants had a slightly moth-eaten look, on further inspection I found a couple of very tiny caterpillars (since despatched to a better place) and quite a few eggs which I have flicked off said plants. Today I made a net from some scraps of curtain netting and after one final inspection of the plants I covered them with the netting, hopefully that will do the trick. I'll be checking over the next few days to see if there are any more invaders. One thing I have found with the raised beds it seems to be a lot easier to keep any eye on all the plants, or perhaps I am more motivated.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Pip

    The bunnies are really cute. I might try and knock of them up for Easter.
    I have raised garden beds in our back yard and I really like them too (although mine are waist height and getting up in them is proving more difficult with time and my creaking bones)!

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable bounding bunnies Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your bunnies Pip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)