Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Soup de loop

The colder weather we have been experiencing has necessitated a bit of quick thinking with menu changes, I had planned on making oven baked falafel with salad for one meal, instead I made a Chilli pumpkin and chickpea soup. The following are the soups I make once the weather starts getting cooler:

  • Chilli bean soup
  • Parsnip soup
  • Potage Bonne Femme (from Elizabeth David's book)
  • Chickpea and leek soup
  • Cheese potato soup
  • Minestrone
  • Curried Kumara soup
  • Fish chowder
  • Corn Chowder
  • Celery chowder
  • Green soup (based on the recipe from Digby Law's Soup book)
  • Onion Soup
  • Mushroom soup
  • Creamy Lentil and Vegetable soup
  • Pumpkin soup
  • Wonton Soup
  • Fennel, Leek and Potato soup
  • Potato, Tomato, Garlic and Herb broth
  • Manhattan Fish Chowder
  • Kumara and Peanut soup
  • Spinach, Leek and Potato soup
  • Chicken, Chickpea and Dumpling soup

We have these soups as a meal with bread and maybe a small salad on the side. I'll post some of the recipes and pictures once I start making them. I'm getting hungry just reading about them. Do you have a favourite soup?

5 comments:

  1. we have soup every sunday in winter - i can't wait to start it up again. your soups sound lovely.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup. Last night I made chickpea & root vegetable soup. With a bit of crispy chorizo (I blame the last bit on Kel). ;) Just fry lots of garlic and onion in oil or (again I blame Kel) with fatty speck. Add diced root vegetables, a dash of white wine, then stock. Throw all in slow cooker where the chickpeas have been soaking.
    Sprinkle with lots of freshly chopped chives before serving. Crusty bread is a must. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the weather - I'm
    about to go into the kitchen
    and make a pot of cauliflower
    soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soup too. I don't think I have a favourite, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes PIp the weather caused me to make soup as well. On Sunday I make a lovely Spinach and Lentil Soup which had some wilted spinach, fried garlic and herbs blended through just before serving to give it a vibrant green colour. It was delicious.

    My favourite and a staple for my winter is a Lentil and Vege soup which you might have seen on my sidebar. Also we have taken to a Moroccan Sweet Potato and Chickpea Soup - very delish!!

    Back to salads and light meals for tomorrow though.

    Thanks for popping by my blog - it is nice to find another Adelaide blogger.

    Cheers
    Cee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)