Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Look what I got from Ebay

I have been dithering about getting both of these for some time now, and had been checking out Ebay to see if there were any and what prices they were going for and finally managed to get these two at a reasonable price for me.


An Excalibur dehydrator


A Fowlers Vacola Stovetop unit


I can see that they will be keeping me busy for a while, I'm planning on doing some dehydrating and preserving this weekend. I'm thinking about some dried tomatoes and also some preserved tomatoes, and maybe some fruit leather for starters, and when the kale starts growing, some of these kale chips which I have been thinking about off and on, since Kel mentioned them in this post. They are not quite the same (there is some oil in the recipe) but will be good as a starting point for me and there are timings and temperatures for the dehydrator.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see someone finally
    bought that orange one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Squeal* what great buys Pip!! Can't wait to see all your new kitchen goodness. And Kale chips...wow I'm going to have to try these with this years crop if I can...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pip

    Do hope your feeling better now - nothing worse than feeling blaaagh! Life goes on but you haven't got the energy to keep up. The dehydrater and preserver should keep you busy. Can't wait to see your preserves.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. both of these are on my wish list, look forward to seeing your preserved foods. mmm yum!! happy dehydrating and preserving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)