Thursday, 5 March 2009

Jars



Outside, (I suppose you could call it) a convenience store in Penang, Malaysia. The jars have stuff like chick peas, lentils, crackers and sweets. You just ask for the amount you want and it gets scooped out and put in a bag. I really like these jars, you don't often see nice big ones like that, and I suppose realistically they would store such a lot that they wouldn't be that useful to me as it would take me so long to get through the contents (unless it was chocolate or almonds maybe). Tomorrow I'm going to check out the local op shops as I recall seeing a few large jars (with lids) they were stashed away under a shelf, about $3 each, if I'm lucky they will still be there, otherwise there is bound to be something else.

4 comments:

  1. i remember my mum getting some big jars from gaganis bros quite cheap. i love jars too - i love kitchens with all the food on display - it's so nice to be able to walk and and look at the shelves and decide on snacks. mmmmmm
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Gaganis Brothers
    recently and they had all sorts
    of jars - also wine and sauce
    bottles cheaper than anywhere
    else I've seen them (we make
    our own wine). I use 5 litre
    clip top jars for storing rice -
    they were quite cheap and I
    think I got them at Woolworths
    in Unley (it was years ago,
    though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love gaganis bros! Such a wonderful shop! I had those jars from Woolworths too. (Had, cause they magically got smashed at my house!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I have never been to Gaganis Brothers, I keep meaning to go there but just haven't got around to it. Maybe next Saturday.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)