Saturday, 28 February 2009

Vampires or coffins?????


The raised garden beds are underway, they look a bit like coffins lying there waiting to be filled with compost and plants or perhaps vampires live there.

Mustard and pickled onions have been made, the mustard doesn't taste very nice at the moment, but in two weeks time it will have mellowed and be ready to try. I thought I had bought enough onions to fill the jar, but forgot that after peeling they would lose a bit of size. Might make another couple of jars next weekend, two months before they are ready for tasting.



Yes, another picture of a koala, this one has been hanging around for a couple of weeks now.

4 comments:

  1. Those raised beds are looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you have been industrious! Well done. I am intrigued by your mustard. Obviously someone somewhere has to make mustard, but I've never ever thought about how you make mustard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are to have a koala in your back yard. I have seen the odd possum in our gum trees (at night) but no koalas. In the morning, as I go for my walk at 6am, I can hear kookaburras laughing. Love that sound - so Aussie.

    Looks like a nice cool day - enjoy your Sunday.

    - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh some gardening excitement! These look great....and that snoozing koala is very cute...I can almost smell it...I love that smell....does that make me strange?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)