Monday, 8 December 2008

Decadent fudge


I was doing a bit of blog surfing last week and came across a link to a fudge recipe on Miss Smith at home so I thought I would try the recipe out. The recipe was found here and there are a few recipes there that look quite interesting. Of course I didn't have quite enough chocolate and no Kahlua so I improvised a bit (as did Miss Smith) I cut back the sweetened condensed milk a fraction and used some Canadian Club that I had lying around. It was very easy to make, next time I think I would make it in the microwave, and would probably use a bit of milk instead of the alcohol as I didn't think it really needed it. I put it in the freezer to firm up (so eager mouths could have a sample quickly) I have seen similar recipes around, some have marshmallows added as well as chocolate.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm oh no I so don't need to be looking at pictures like this at this time of the evening! You are wicked Pip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have been thinking about making fudge, and your picture is very tempting. I might have to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pip! I was at picklestick's house yesterday and saw your wallhanging that she won in the flesh. I loved it on your blog, but in real life it is so much more wonderful! You did a great job with that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pip

    Merry Christmas to you and yours. We're having a quick lunch with my family at my nieces then we jump in the car and head to Melbourne for the Boxing Day Test. Have a good one.

    Cheers Joolz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)