Friday, 26 December 2008

Boxing Day

Yesterday was a quiet Christmas day for us. I was lucky enough to get a new pair of walking shoes and an Ipod Touch for my presents. I had only been thinking a couple of days ago that I was going to be needing some new walking shoes soon. Two walks later (yes, I went for a walk on Christmas morning) and I am thinking why didn't I get new shoes a long time ago, previously I have made do with my running shoes as I have always hoped that I would get back into running again after I reduced my workload, but my knees are telling me that walking is fine with them, and I am happy with that. I have been walking most days of the week for nearly two months after having been rather unmotivated and lazy. Now I have got the habit back and am enjoying it much more.

My garden is looking rather sorry for itself as I haven't been giving it a lot of attention lately. I harvested some potatoes last week and while I didn't get a lot it was enough for the two of us. They were lovely, steamed, with a little bit of butter and parsley sprinkled over the top.


It seems an age since I have blogged and I make no apologies. I was spending an inordinate amount of time (2-3 hours) on the internet aimlessly surfing, so I decided that I needed a break from the computer and the internet and cut back my use quite drastically. Instead I have been getting used to my new sewing machine, mostly putting together a quilt that I started over ten years ago. It is nearly finished, I just have to get backing and binding fabric, and then I can start on the quilting. I was hoping to have it done before the end of the year but it doesn't look like that will happen. Hopefully it won't be another ten years before I do finish it.




Cody being helpful (not)

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmmm I can just imagine how great your potatos tasted. There's nothing like fresh food. We bought some cherries today from a roadside stall near Kersbrook. They were delicious. So different to the cherries from the shop. Such a different flavour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)