Sunday, 23 November 2008

Christmas Baking



I've been thinking about Christmas baking and whether I want to do any this year. Some years I have planned ahead and am really organised and have things made well before Christmas. Other years I have had a bit of a panic attack and made things at the last minute thus adding to the Christmas stress. The last few years I have only really made things we like eating and then only if I've wanted to make them. We have no children so Christmas isn't really a big thing for us, we usually have a relaxed day on Christmas day, the last two years I have made a rather lavish breakfast/brunch and then we have a light meal later on. This year will be different as we have been invited to Christmas lunch at a friends. They are English and have warned us that it will be a full-on Christmas lunch. I don't mind, any meal that I don't have to make will always be a good one.

But I have digressed, I was going to list the sort of things I like to bake for Christmas. I usually make at at least one or two of these (or if time permits and I have been organised all of them)
  • Spiced Almonds
  • Tuscan Nut Biscuits
  • Panforte
  • a Christmas cake of some sort
  • Christmas mince tarts
  • shortbread or Tan square or Chocolate shortcake
  • Savoury crackers
  • apricot balls, or some type of chocolate truffle

They are all relatively easy things to make (for me anyway) and don't take too much time, sort of maximum effect for minimum effort.



1 comment:

  1. I love the comment about any meal you don't have to cook being a good one! That's exactly how I feel too!

    We are big on gingerbread at christmastime at our house. The first batches of gingerbread men have already been baked! Next will be gingerbread houses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)