Friday, 31 October 2008

Tidy workroom

I have been spending part of the last couple of days tidying up my workroom. It has been quite disorganised for a while, and it probably won't be long till it is messy again. When I start on a new project I like to leave it out so I can look at it and think about the next stage. At least I can shut the door on the mess and come back to it later, secure in the knowledge that everything will be as I left it.


Cody is certainly comfortable on "his chair"

My workroom has been through a few transformations, originally starting off as a bedroom, then bedroom cum workroom, until I finally decided that I would rather have the whole room. My DH has the garage and I have my workroom.


I'm fairly happy with how it has worked out, although I wish I had shopped around more before I got my desk. I saw a good one the other day in Ikea the glass insert would have made a great lightbox, not sure about the trestle legs, but there were plenty of other options to choose from.



If I need more room on the desk I can easily move things off, I have a fairly large amount of floor to lay things out, and there is plenty of storage in the wardrobe.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pip

    Your work room looks great. Wow, that cat is huge!
    I love Spider Solitaire too - big timewaster though! I also like Mahjong - try NingPo by Popcap games.
    I hope to do some of my Christmas gift projects today - we've had quite a good rain overnight and this morning. That'll keep the farmers happy.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk is a keeper, it was the first thing I was drawn to in your great room. Love it, much less crowded than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joolz, I agree Spider solitaire is a BIG time waster, trying to wean myself off it. We got 7mm here this morning.
    Lisa, I have been trying to keep my desk clear, I can usually go a week before it starts piling up. Trying for 2 weeks now.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the desk too - i think it's gorgeous. and i'm very envious of your room.......one day i too will have a room.
    we got hardly any rain down here - for some reason it seems to miss us. here's hoping we have more this week.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your room! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)