Friday, 3 October 2008

A rather mundane post on cleaning

my cleaning things


Today is my main cleaning day, I think its nice to have the house looking fresh for the weekend, so I get stuck in and clean the bathrooms, toilets, dust, vacuum, mop the floors and anything else I feel needs a clean. I use quite simple things for my cleaning routine:
  • microfibre cloths and old pieces of towel,
  • a scrubbing brush and an old toothbrush,
  • baking soda, (bicarbonate soda),
  • some water soluble essential oils (tea tree, lavender and eucalyptus)
  • and very hot water

My microfibre cloths are colour coded, the bright pink ones are used exclusively for the toilet. The green and blue ones can be used for wiping or drying. I follow the four steps of fresh green cleaning:

  1. wipe it,
  2. soak it,
  3. add it,
  4. dry it

as recommended by Bridget Gardner of Fresh Green Clean here

I found this website really changed my ideas on cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)