- Wash the spinach, then put the leaves and sprigs in a big porcelain bowl,
- Pour on a jug full of boiling water, let the leaves soften for about a minute, then drain,
- Heat a large frying pan and warm a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, a clove of garlic crushed with salt to a paste.
- Tip the drained spinach into the pan and toss until hot and coated with oil and garlic,
- Grind over black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice,
- The spinach is ready to serve hot, warm or cold
We had it warm, I put it into a serving dish which I tilted as it tends to exude juice as it cools. It was really nice and I think the best way of eating this type of vegetable. We will be eating it again quite soon. There is another recipe on the next page for Kale and vermicelli with anchovies and chilli which I am planning to try tomorrow as we have quite a lot of kale ready to harvest and I just happen to have some leftover anchovies.