Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Birds of a different feather

Yesterday wasn't such a nice day, it was the sort of day to stay inside, so I thought I would tidy up my workroom. There were things scattered everywhere, fabric, free patterns from the internet, bits of thread on the floor. I got a bit sidetracked when it came to filing the patterns, and I saw this pattern which I got from here.

I also had another free pattern which I got from Spool Sewing. I had originally seen this bird mobile at Homemade Rainbows, and thought the birds on it looked really lovely, so I had printed off a copy of the pattern found here and yesterday I made a couple of different birds.



They were both quite easy to make, I found the bird on the left to be more satisfying as I enjoyed doing the embroidery on it. It is supposed to have a string to hang it up but I didn't feel like doing that. This bird would make quite a good project for kids, as it can be made by hand and can be as simple or ornate as you like. It would look really great in Christmas colours and usd as tree decorations. The other bird is a wee bit more complicated, sewing wise. I think the hardest part was turning it right side out and I didn't stuff the head quite as well as it could have been stuffed, but all in all I'm happy with it.

2 comments:

  1. They are simply delightful Rest..great job!

    Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh you made some birds! gorgeous...they look great. The left one is a sweetie...I too love that satisfaction from embroidery and yes I absolutely agree with the Christmas idea too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)