Friday, 5 September 2008

The weekend awaits......

We were up bright and early this morning to make our weekly trip to the Central Market. The stallholders are usually still arranging their fruit and vegetables when we get there. We're lucky that the place we have breakfast at is open so early, most of the other cafes are still closed. We usually have a coffee first and read the paper then have breakfast a bit later on. The vibe in the market is different on a Friday morning compared to a Saturday, it seems more laid back somehow. Saturday morning is all hustle and bustle.


I went through my list quite quickly and we were on our way home by 9 o'clock making a side trip to the library before getting home to pack everything away. I've started planning my menus again, I've just been winging it for the last 2 months. This weekend we're having chicken curry, if I'm in the mood I might make parathas to go with it. I'm looking forward to trying the curry recipe out, I think it is one I used to make about 15 years ago, but I lost the recipe with the exact spices and proportions, and haven't been able to recreate it, so every now and then I trawl the web looking for recipes by a particular cookery writer and I think this is it. I'm also going to make an apple strudel and some leek and mushroom calzone that I saw on The Cook and The Chef on Wednesday. That should keep me busy on the cooking side of things.


Planted some seeds yesterday - tomato, eggplant, zucchini and beans, they are sitting out in the back area in the seed raiser, right near the clothes line where I won't forget about them. I think that the rest of the potatoes can be planted as well, the first ones I planted don't seem to be doing anything much yet.


I'm going to finish off the seat covers I started last weekend and do some more quilting plus of course all the usual mundane things that have to be done - like cleaning and vacuuming and washing.

Dewdrops in the morning

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This post makes me want to rush to the market just so I can have your relaxing Friday morning experience! (Ridiculous how we all seem to want to "rush"!) I also enjoyed your observations about Saturday. I try not to do shops on Saturday because it does all seem to be business and rushing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. And for your tablespoon observation! That hadn't occured to me and now that you mention it it makes perfect sense! I will adjust the mug cake recipe and try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I love your blog name!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)