Saturday, 20 September 2008

Slow Saturday

Woke to an overcast day, it had rained lightly during the night, and was still cool when I went for my morning walk. Went to Spotlight today, I have had a list of things I wanted to get sitting on my desk for the past month or so. Things like needles, embroidery thread, felt and iron-on wadding. I don't really need any embroidery thread as when I lived in Singapore, I bought heaps as it was so cheap. I discovered that most of my needles were rusty, not surprising really as most of them are about 20 years old!!! The felt and iron-on wadding I wanted so that they were on hand when I want to do a project.
Oh, and I got a pattern Simplicity 2936,


of course I don't have any fabric yet, but hopefully I'll get that in a couple of weeks or so. I did cut out the pattern pieces ready for when I do get the fabric.

My mother and sister are visiting next month, so I'm thinking about a few places we might go. One of them will be Ikea. There is no Ikea in NZ so I think they will be in for a surprise. I reckon we will end up going there twice. I'm also thinking we might go to the Haigh's Chocolates visitor centre for a tour, and maybe take a drive up to Hahndorf sometime as well.

Doing:

  • making bread and pizza dough
  • planting lettuce seedlings
  • knitting a dishcloth

Listening to: Aretha Franklin

Planning for tomorrow:

  • taking up the hems on 3 pairs of jeans
  • sorting out summer clothes
  • quilting and a bit of crafting
  • going for a walk
  • mundane things like folding and ironing

2 comments:

  1. Love the pattern! Haighs is fun and so is Ikea. (Ikea is one of my favourite hangouts) Nice to have your mum and sister visitig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kris,
    yes, although I don't get to Ikea all that often, I love visiting the store, there is so much to see and so many great ideas. I know you are a fan of Ikea.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)