Saturday, 27 September 2008

Grand Final Day

Cistus

Not much getting done here today, nor I suspect in a lot of other households. Our visitor from yesterday has gone, no doubt he will be back another day. I had to buy some bread rolls today, normally I make bread every 3 days or so. Yesterday, I had taken my starter (not a true sourdough starter) out of the fridge and fed it, it had doubled in size, but I ran out of time to mix the dough up before I went to work, and by the time I got home I couldn't be bothered and decided to make bread today. The starter didn't look the best this morning, so I halved it and fed it, it did it's thing, and now the bread is in the oven.

I like to read in bed before I go to sleep, so lately its been "How to Eat" by Nigella Lawson, I'm quite enjoying it, although it is a rather heavy book to hold up. :) I quite like her views on low fat food, and food for babies and children, and because it is a cookbook, I don't want to keep reading until the book drops on my face, as often happens with other books that I read in bed.

After the game (which I have to admit, I'm not really watching) I'm going to replant some oregano and sage into a pot, so they will be nearer the house. I also bought some petunias yesterday, which I'll use to replace some violas I have in a pot near the front door.

3 comments:

  1. I actually did watch all the game, which is amazing for me. I was rewarded, my team won. So I will never have to wonder what the game was like.

    It seemed to finish late, and now all of a sudden it is time to make tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Jenny Wren and have enjoy going back through it. I, too, have been trying to make bread everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I'm not much into football. I was at the hospital emergency department with one of my daughters. I was worried that they would be Saturday afternoon busy, but because of the grand final the place was empty. The nurses said that was par for the course for a grand final day or any day when the Crows or Port are playing on tv.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)