Monday, 11 August 2008

UFO'S

Unfinished objects that is. Today I finished two UFO's that I have had sitting around for some time. Now I only have three UFO's left to finish. My hope is that I finish two of them before the end of the year. I wonder if it is still a UFO if you haven't actually started it yet?? I have some fabric and other bits and pieces in mind for some projects that I haven't started.

It was another cold day here again, 3C when I got up and didn't rise much till well after 10 o'clock, but at least there was some sun today. I put a layer of compost on my no-dig potato patch. I have set the seed potatoes out so they can shoot a bit more before I plant them. I got King Edwards and Dutch Creams from Diggers. Both are supposed to be good croppers, we shall see how they go. I've never grown potatoes before so it is a bit of a learning curve.

I've been reading quite a bit of Nella Last's War, I'm up to November 1940 now, she was writing about rationing and the editors of the book have added notes where relevant, one of the notes mentioned that tea was rationed to 2oz a week and sugar 8oz a week, so I went and weighed out that much tea and sugar to see what it looked like - not a lot, my DH said he would use twice that much sugar in a week just in his cups of tea!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)