Sunday, 17 August 2008

A lazy weekend



We have had quite a lazy weekend. My excuse - the Olympics. I can't help myself, and this week will be worse as the track and field has now started, and the triathlon is on as well. Oh well, it is only once every 4 years.

I did make some bread (picture above) and I reckon my results are fairly consistent now, I just have to shape them a bit better. We've had rain off and on so I haven't really got out into the garden, I have some parsley seedlings to plant tomorrow and also planning to sow some seeds now that I have some seed raising mix. I wanted to plant the potatoes but I don't think they have sprouted enough yet so I'll leave them for another week.

I finished Nella Last's War, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I couldn't manage to get into Leadbelly, so took it back and maybe I will try reading it again later. I'm now reading through The Elements of Organic Gardening by HRH The Prince of Wales with Stephanie Donaldson, so far I have only flicked through it and there are a lot of nice pictures of beautiful gardens.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely looking bread! I'm sitting here wishing I could smell it.
    Just popped over to say thanks for reading my blog....I'm glad to have found yours now.
    Consider yourself in the draw for the giveaway too....good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)